Able Anglers Pty Ltd are dedicated to ensuring health and safety of each and every participant to our service. This extends to their emotional wellbeing also.
As we all know, the COVID-19 situation is very serious, not just here in Australia but throughout the world. The Australian Government have and continue to issue updates and amendments to Social Distancing, Isolation protocols and, in general, the rules and advices surrounding containment of this virus.
Able Anglers Pty Ltd advised recently we were acting on advice provided by the Australian Government and relative health authorities. On Sunday 22nd March 2020, Prime Minister Scott Morrison advised of restrictions and forced business closures, most of these business are indoor activities including;
- Pubs, registered and licenced clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues), hotels (excluding accommodation)
- Gyms and indoor sporting venues
- Cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos, and night clubs
- Restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and/or home delivery
- Religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the 1 person per 4 square metre rule applies).
Other facilities are not impacted, but will be considered under stage 2 restrictions, if necessary.
These measures also apply to outdoor spaces associated with the above venues.
Leaders noted that these enhanced measures build on existing measures to slow the virus and save lives:
- No non-essential gatherings of more than 500 people outside or more than 100 people inside.
- All non-essential indoor gatherings of less than 100 people must have no more than one person per 4sqm. All Australians should expect their local businesses to be following this rule.
- Where possible, keep 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Avoid non essential travel
- Restrictions on entering aged care homes to protect older Australians
It appears that these enforced restrictions came from the public's lack of care and concern for others. As a service provider, we have a duty of care towards our participants, their support workers, the general public and of course, ourselves.
While we understand that our service is a therapy and respite session and could be perceived as essential and that the service we offer is proof that we directly contribute to the emotional wellbeing and support system of participants, we also have a duty of care to everyone involved with and around Moreton Bay Able Anglers.
We have made a decision to cease our BBQ Boat Fishing Sessions until further notice, unfortunately, we need a certain amount of attendees to make this offering viable, with the 1.5M social distancing rule, this is not possible on these boats.
We understand that some participants only want to participate in our boating sessions while others only want to participant in the land based sessions. At this point in time, in the health and wellbeing of our participants, we will not be scheduling boat sessions until further notice.
We will however be increasing our land based sessions where we will restrict these to 4 participants per session maximum. This equates to 9 people (4 participants, 4 support workers and Steve). Our 1-on-1 land based sessions will be available and we will open up more sessions and times;
Mon-Fri 9am till 12pm
Mon-Fri 1pm till 4pm
Saturday and Sunday sessions will cease, this is because while we can monitor and act on ourselves, our participants and support workers, we can not do this with the general public outside of our service and given weekends are busy times to fish, we feel this would be a risk to do so.
We thank everyone for their understanding, we apologise for any and all inconvenience caused. If you wish to discuss this with us, please call 0484 555 029.