This Land Group - SE QLD event is being held on Saturday 16/05/2020 at 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Customised (Exact location advised to participants prior to event)
Social Inclusion and Community Participation Activity in Customised.
Our Event Details
Able Anglers invites you to join us on a fishing session like no other!
Recreational Fishing is so much fun, relaxing and enjoyable. Fishing is enjoyed by thousands of people, it is a great way to meet friends and likeminded individuals. Our fishing sessions are all about inclusion and non-biased and are a non-judgemental safe activity to participate in. Due to the therapeutic aspects of fishing and the primary reason our service began, that is to provide emotional support and engagement in times of need, our service complies with several important aspects;
- Essential Services due to being primarily a respite service.
- Social Distancing, we have reduced all sessions to 1-on-1 sessions (where possible) to comply with the rule put in place by the Queensland Government.
Each session is operated by a local, experienced fisherman/operator.
What Does The Session Include?
Each session includes access to exclusive tuition and local knowledge.
- All safety equipment
- Fishing rod usage
- Fishing terminal tackle
- Bait supply and rigging
- Anti-bacterial Hand Wash/Soap
What Do I Need To Bring?
- Warm clothes incase the weather changes
- Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen
- If you own your own rod, you are welcome to bring this
- Smiles, we all love smiles when fishing
- Drinking water and/or medication if required
- Face Mask, Gloves or Antibacterial Wash if you prefer.
How Long Does The Session Run For?
Each session operates for up to 3 hours. This duration is a great length of time for any fishing session to ensure maximum knowledge is shared and maximum practical fishing participation.
Is This Session Wheelchair Friendly?
All of our land based sessions are wheelchair friendly.
What Is The Actual Address Where The Session Is Held?
Our customised 1-on-1 sessions are participant specific, where possible, we try to source locations closest to participants residential accomodation to limit travel.
How Much Is The Session?
Our fishing tuition and session prices vary depending on the service offered. A parent or support worker who is accompanying a participant is included in the session free of charge.
$45.00 P/Hr for 3 Hours – Land Based
What Are The Terms and Conditions?
How Do You Book Your Place/Session?
Simply complete the form below and let us know;
- The date you would like to attend (preferred)
- Time (Morning 9-12, Afternoon 1-4 or Evening 5 till 8)
- Location you would prefer (suburb)
We will then contact you and advise of available dates and times.