This Land Based Fishing Groups event is being held on Thursday 07/07/2022 at 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Wellington Point, Queensland (Exact location advised to participants prior to event)
Social Inclusion and Community Participation Activity in Wellington Point.
Our Event Details
Able Anglers invites you to join us on our regular, weekly fishing group session.
Recreational Fishing is so much fun, relaxing and enjoyable. Fishing is enjoyed by thousands of people, it is a great way to meet friends and likeminded individuals. All of our fishing sessions are all about inclusion in a non-biased, non-judgemental safe environment.
Due to the therapeutic aspects of fishing and the primary reason our service began, that is to provide emotional support and engagement in times of need, our service complies with several important aspects;
- Essential Services due to being primarily a respite service.
- Social Distancing, Able Anglers monitor all locations and fishing platforms to ensure we comply with Social Distancing rules and safety of our participants.
- Able Anglers suggests wearing a mask when social distancing is unable to be maintained.
Each session is operated by one of our friendly team members, our primary focus during our sessions is supporting the use of fine motor skills, communication, participation and of course, laughter.
What Does The Session Include?
Each session includes access to exclusive tuition and local knowledge.
- All safety equipment
- Fishing rod usage
- Fishing terminal tackle
- Bait supply and rigging
- Anti-bacterial Hand Wash/Soap
What Do I Need To Bring?
- Warm clothes incase the weather changes
- Hat, Sunglasses, Sunscreen
- If you own your own rod, you are welcome to bring this
- Smiles, we all love smiles when fishing
- Drinking water and/or medication if required
- Face Mask, Gloves or Antibacterial Wash if you prefer.
How Long Does The Session Run For?
Each session operates for up to 3 hours. This duration is a great length of time for any fishing session to ensure maximum knowledge is shared and maximum practical fishing participation.
Is This Session Wheelchair Friendly?
All of our land based sessions are wheelchair friendly.
What Is The Actual Address Where The Session Is Held?
Our group sessions are operated in several locations, the specific location is provided to participants prior to the event. Where a suburb is listed as Redcliffe, Bribie Island or Redlands, the session location will be in that area.
How Much Is The Session?
Our fishing tuition and session prices vary depending on the service offered. A parent or support worker who is accompanying a participant is included in the session free of charge.
$135 for 3 Hours – Land Based
What Are The Terms and Conditions?
How Do You Book Your Place/Session?
To book your session, if you are an existing participant, you can telephone or email our team to book into this session, if you have not used our services before, please complete our online intake form so our team can set you up in our system.